TRADITIONAL HELPERS (POOL)
Location: BOTH WINNIPEG & PEGUIS, MB
Peguis Child and Family Services are currently compiling a pool of Traditional Helpers that will provide support to clients. The Traditional Helpers are responsible for providing a full range of services that may include: conducting Ceremonial Sweats and Traditional Teachings.
The Traditional Helpers will be required to:
• Be a positive role model;
• Work closely with the clients and/or Agency staff;
• Provide guidance to all involved within the Family Enhancement Program around Ceremonial Sweats, the Traditional Seven Teachings, etc.
• Extensive knowledge in Traditional Teachings including conducting Ceremonial Sweats;
• Current First Aid/CPR Certificate;
• Foster Parent Orientation and Little Warriors ‘Prevent It’ Training is an asset;
• Minimum of one year experience in the field of Child and Family Services;
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and an insured vehicle (with $2,000,000 liability) are required;
• Flexibility to work on short notice and in the evenings and/or on weekends;
• Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Exceptional crisis intervention and risk assessment skills;
• Knowledge of the Manitoba Child and Family Services Act;
• First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent
Applicants must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
Application deadline: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 @ 5:00 PM
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes, cover letters, three references and record checks to:
Peguis Child and Family Services Inc.
Box 610 Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0 Fax: (204) 645-2558