PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Tenant Relations will provide support to the Properties Manager to ensure that the Housing Policies are carried out on a day-to-day basis by providing services to the band’s tenants. The Tenant Relations is an individual who must be a highly motivated, have great communication skills and have knowledge of the Tenants in the First Nation.
• Provides home visits to tenants when required by Supervisor, provides written report with photos
• Work together with Housing and Band Shop and Housing Administration staff on file systems management
• Records tenant complaints effectively. Will use case notes followed with templates to get all information needed, will conduct a home visit if further investigation is needed
• Ensure Effective Communication
• To tenants, provide support and liaise with Properties Manager or to Housing Department’s staff
• Internally to Housing Department’s staff when support is needed
• Externally, to share good practice
• Participate in the orientation sessions with tenants and the Properties Manager when required.
• Move-in and Move-out reports when all moves take place. Work with other departments to ensure immediate door lock changes and, or windows to be covered to prevent damage or break-ins.
• Will assist the Properties Manager during all orientation sessions.
• Will provide the necessary documents, notifications, etc to all Tenants
• Will provide new home care packages and, or maintenance kits (if available) to all Tenants of New Homes only
• Will be responsible to collect housing applications from new applicants.
• Update contact and address information when needed
• Employment status, update when changes are made aware of
• Use proper document templates
• Will provide written communication reports to Properties Manager on a regular basis so that he/she is aware of all the issues/situations in the Housing Units in the First Nation.
• Will assist and provide support necessary to the Properties Manager in maintaining all databases, files, documentation when required to.
• Provide all necessary support to the Properties Manager when needed.
1. Tenant or Building Manager certification an asset.
2. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Supervision
3. Valid Driver’s License.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Must exhibit exemplary customer service skills.
6. Current Criminal Record Check required.
7. Current Child Abuse Registry Check required.
8. Be willing to take training if necessary.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Attention: Gerald McCorrister / Human Resource Manager
Peguis First Nation
P.O. Box 10
Closing Date for Submissions: OCTOBER 18, 2018
*Only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview.