Location: PEGUIS, MB
Peguis Child and Family Services require one (1) SUPPORT WORKER. The Support Worker will be responsible for providing a full range of services that include in-home quality child care specifically for youth at risk.
Support Worker will be required to:
• Be a positive role model
• Provide guidance to youth (teach life skills, self-care techniques, communication skills, budgeting, nutrition, etc.)
• Work closely with Child and Family Services Worker and/or Supervisor
• Escort children and families to medical appointments and therapy appointments- when directed by Child and Family Services Worker and/or Supervisor
• First Aid and CPR Training
• Minimum of one year experience in the field of Child and Family Services or equivalent social services field
• Knowledge of the Manitoba Child and Family Services Act
• Demonstrate organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional crisis intervention and risk assessment skills
• Knowledge of collateral services / community resources and how to access are required
• Proficiency in computers
• Flexibility to work evening hours
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle are required
• First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent
Applicants must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. A Prior contact check will be conducted by the Agency after the interview.
Application deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes along with three references and record checks to:
Human Resource Manager
Peguis Child and Family Services Inc.
Box 610 Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0
Fax: (204) 645-2558