Purpose of the Position
The Septic Truck Driver is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the sewer and waste management program for the Peguis First Nation.
The Septic Truck Driver will report to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for all septic tank operations, equipment use, and storage of the septic truck. The fiscal responsibilities will be to maintain operations records, track costs, invoices and submission of log book.
l. Operate septic truck in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
• Clean trucks as required and ensure truck & equipment are safely and securely stored.
• Advise the Maintenance Manager of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
• Participate in routine maintenance and practice workplace safety.
2. Collect sewage from homes, buildings , businesses and other facilities as per schedule to ensure sewage is removed, transported and disposed of according to set policies and procedures
• Pump out septic tanks of residential buildings, businesses and other facilities
• Maintain daily records of pick-ups
• Dispose of sewage according to set policies and procedures
• Keep equipment clean as per established standards
Class S Driver’s license required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two references to:
Attention : Gerald McCorrister / Human Resource Manager
Peguis First Nation
P.O. Box 10
Closing Date for Submissions: JULY 20, 2017
*Preference will be given to Peguis Band Members.
*011iv eligible applica11ts will be contacted for an interview.