(Full Time Position)
Great opportunity for an accomplished Health Care Administrator to be part of an exciting time of growth.
The Senior Centre Director, reporting to the Peguis First Nation Chief Operating Officer, is responsible for but not limited to perform the following:
• preparation and implementation of Senior Centre policies
• developing short and longer term maintenance plans
• capital replacement planning
• develop and maintains working relationships with personnel, residents, board, chief and council, community, stakeholders, and governments
• preparing budgets and forecasts
• monitoring budget take-up
• using financial reports for decision making purposes
• ensure financial accountability requirements are met for all funding sources in a timely manner
• designing department & developing job descriptions
• preparing reports
• overseeing proper record keeping
• organizing/preparing for meetings
• maintaining a Senior Centre inventory
• oversee implementation of Provincial and Federal standards with regard to Senior Homes
• managing Senior Centre personnel
• managing tenant relations
• preparing written communications
• making presentations
• facilitating community meetings
• staff evaluations
• A Registered Nurse with a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in supportive or assisted living and/or health care management.
• A Baccalaureate or Masters Degree is preferred with certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
• Current registration or eligibility to be registered with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba.
• Previous demonstrated experience in working in a First Nation community with First Nation persons is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with community stakeholders.
• Demonstrated participatory management style and organizational skills.
• Excellent computer skills
• Financial management knowledge
• Executive Director/Administrator: 3 years
• Required license or certification: (asset)
• Demonstrated sound judgment, analytical and decision-making skills
• Excellent written and communications skills
• Knowledge of First Nations funding programs and reporting requirements
• Ability work under pressure and adhere deadlines and commitments
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Senior Centre Board
Please submit CV, Cover Letter and Current References to:
Human Resources Assistant
P.O. Box 10
Peguis First Nation, Manitoba
Closing Date: August 23, 2017