Peguis Child and Family Services
CASUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
RESPITE WORKERS (POOL)
Location: PEGUIS, MB
Peguis Child and Family Services are currently compiling a pool of Respite Workers that will provide support and respite for Service Providers. The Respite Worker is responsible for providing a full range of services that may include: assisting the Service Provider’s with support in the home, providing respite as well as transportation.
The Respite Worker will be required to:
• Be a positive role model;
• Work closely with the Foster Parent and/or Agency staff to provide the designated services;
• Provide guidance to youth (life skills, self-care techniques, communication skills, budgeting, nutrition, etc.);
• Escort clients to appointments;
• Document and report all contact with clients in a timely matter.
• Current First Aid/CPR Certificate;
• Foster Parent Orientation and Little Warriors ‘Prevent It’ Training is an asset;
• Minimum of one year experience in the field of Child and Family Services;
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and an insured vehicle (with $2,000,000 liability) are required;
• Flexibility to work on short notice and in the evenings and/or on weekends;
• Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Exceptional crisis intervention and risk assessment skills;
• Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office is required; knowledge of CFSIS is an asset;
• Knowledge of the Manitoba Child and Family Services Act;
• First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent
Applicants must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
Application deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes, cover letters, three references and record checks to:
Peguis Child and Family Services Inc.
Box 610 Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0
Fax: (204) 645-2558