Peguis Health Services has one (1) full-time position available for a Respite Worker through the Jordan’s Principle – Child First Initiative Program.
The Respite Worker will provide respite services to families who have children with developmental disabilities and /or physical disabilities, at times will work with students at the school who have Autism or diagnosed with other disabilities. The Respite Worker will be under the supervision of the Case Manager. The Respite Worker will provide services where assigned within the community. Provide holistic care with compassion and dignity. Respites main function is to support the parent/family in caring for your child by providing a temporary break while facilitating a positive and rewarding experience for your child with a disability.
• Health Care Aide Certificate or Early Childhood Education Certificate or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years experience working.
• CPR, First Aide Certification.
• Vehicle and valid driver’s licence.
• Highly motivated individual who is innovative and proven ability to work with families.
• Excellent time management and facilitation skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer programs related to eHealth
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 2 letters of support to:
Rhonda Traverse, Case Manager for Jordan’s Principle or Ryan Cochrane, Human Resources
Peguis Health Centre
P.O. BOX 690
Closing Date: July 24th, 2018 at 12:00 PM
Start Date: July 30th, 2018
The successful candidates must undergo and provide an Adult and Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check. Jordan’s Principle wishes to thank all applicants expressing interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is subject to a random drug test as per band policy for all new employees.