The Peguis Housing Authority (PHA) is seeking the services of a
(One year Term)
This is a term position until March 31, 2019 with the possibility of full time that would be contingent upon completing the required training.
The Properties Manager will ensure the Housing Policies are carried out on a day-to-day basis by providing services to the band tenants. To be the Properties Manager, the individual must be a highly motivated, excellent communication skills and have knowledge of all housing units in Peguis First Nation.
• Review of home visit reports, work with other Housing Departments on issues relating to home maintenance, repairs, etc.
• Manage tenant complaints effectively, the Tenant Relations employee will provide background details if he/she has on file.
• Ensure effective daily communication.
• Collection of rental/maintenance fees.
• Provide monthly reports to the Housing Director and to the Housing Board.
• Provide supporting documents, reports, issues, to other Housing Management.
• Upgrade, update skills relating to the position when needed or required.
• Attend various meeting when required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS;
• Commercial Real Estate Property Management experience is preferred.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers
• Excellent customer service experience.
• Ability to work under pressure; self-motivated and self-directed
• Ability to assert oneself; exemplary time management skills
• Ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, planning and organizing skills.
• Working knowledge of building and grounds maintenance.
• Applicant must be prepared to attend and complete training with the (MREA).
Salary will commensurate based on qualifications and experience.
All applications and resumes will be screened by the Selections Committee and only those contacted will receive an interview.
Please forward your resumes including two letters of reference from a previous employer to; Gerald McCorrister, Director of Human Resources, at the Peguis First Nation Band Administration Office.
For more information, call: Gerald McCorrister @ 204-645-2359 or email resumes PegBand.HR@peguisfirstnation.ca
Qualified Peguis Band Members shall be given first preference in accordance with the Peguis Personnel and Administration Policy & Procedures, Section-K RECRUITMENT AND HIRING, Article 1.1 Band Membership.
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES WITH REFERENCES IS August 22nd, 2018