2 Plumbers ( Full-time )
Peguis Housing requires 2 Plumbers for their growing need in this field and with new Housing projects going on in our Peguis community. We offer the stability of working and we provide ongoing training, support, and opportunities for unlimited professional growth.
College or trade school Plumber diploma, and/or a formal apprenticeship and have a minimum two years plumbing experience.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Plumber will be working in the Peguis Band Shop, Maintenance & Housing and you will perform diagnostic, service, and installation of plumbing in various environments. With a strong focus on customer service and a commitment to integrity, you will answer questions and resolve customer concerns.
Other duties include assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems.
• Experience using standard plumber’s tools such as snakes, wrenches, pipe threaders, hand and bench tools, power saws, and pressure gauges
• Ability to interpret drawings and blueprints and be capable of understanding the designer’s intent, as well as have a good understanding and overall knowledge of the HVAC/Refrigeration Industry
• Good communication skills, mechanical aptitude, and the ability to troubleshoot problems with plumbing systems and equipment.
• Willingness to work with and assist co-workers as needed, in addition to working overtime, night, and weekend hours.
• All employees must be able to pass our criminal background check and driving record check.
• Ability to climb, ability to lift heavy items and work at different heights/conditions.
• Willing to work under supervision.
• Driver’s License will be an asset.
• Access to vehicle will be required.
Submit resumes to:
Gerald McCorrister – Human Resource Director
P.O. Box 10
Phone: (204) 645-2359
Closing Date for Submissions: May 29, 2018
*Preference will be given to Peguis Band Members.
*Only eligible applicants will be screened & contacted for an interview.