Part Time Employment Opportunity: Custodian
The overall goal of the custodian is to perform daily housekeeping, cleaning and minimal maintenance duties for the purpose of maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment for children, families, workers and visitors alike. The Peguis Free Spirits Child Care Centre classrooms, classroom bathrooms, office areas, front lobby, outdoor playgrounds, garage and other areas as assigned will be the spaces of cleaning duties performed. The duties are divided into daily, weekly, and monthly duties.
Applicant must have:
• Clear and current child abuse registry check & criminal record check
• Experience working in performing housekeeping, cleaning and maintenance duties within an organization
• Experience working amongst children ages 3 months to 6 years old
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Current First Aid/child CPR certificate
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and own transportation
• Honest, trustworthy and respectful in your approach with children.
• Able to maintain friendly and informative relationships with children and families
• Ability to complete written documentation.
Applicant must be able to:
• Work Monday to Friday between the hours of 3pm to 8pm
• Work mainly independently and as well within a team
• Work under the direction of Director
• Treat children, parents, staff and visitors with empathy, respect and equality
• Corporate in the maintenance of positive relationship and maintain confidentiality in all areas of the Centre
• Be willing to undergo a drug test
• Lift minimum of 50lbs – physical labor required
All applicants will be thoroughly screened; successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Accepting applicants until November 2, 2018.
Please submit your resume with three references and current criminal record & child abuse registry check to:
Geraldine Monkman –Director
Peguis Free Spirits Child Care Centre (drop off)
Box 29 Peguis, MB. R0C 3J0 (by mail)