PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Maintenance Supervisor under the direction of the Housing Director, will be responsible for supervising maintenance staff, and will perform general building and property maintenance for Peguis First Nation units. The Maintenance Supervisor will maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems and equipment, and coordinate the day to day operation of the maintenance department. He/she will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
• Manage and supervise the maintenance staff and ensure that all requisite tasks are handled quickly and efficiently within budget restraints.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility equipment.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and department’s facilities.
• Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions, and as well as, work alongside staff under the Housing Department.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Be involved when necessary, all aspects of housing maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems.
• Support department management, project managers and consultants as required.
• Support the updating and maintenance of information in Housing Office’s records and systems and department databases, this includes staff in the maintenance department supporting administration in the filing systems.
• Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
• Requisition work to be completed through Inventory Department and, or Housing Finance.
• Meet with Fire Department, hydro, emergency services, etc.
• Create and maintain an on-call schedule for after hours and weekends for staff.
• Assist in the orientation and training of staff.
• Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required
• Utilize Peguis First Nation owned vehicles as required, for work only, not to be used for personal reasons (a vehicle policy agreement document to be signed by employee)
• Operate grounds-keeping power equipment and maintain external property
• Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, eg. Systems for preventative maintenance; maintenance requisitions; scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
• Perform minor construction work, eg. Demolition and, or installation of drywall, completion of carpentry work, concrete pour and form, etc.
• Troubleshoot, install and repair plumbing fixtures, piping and related equipment.
• Perform mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, eg. Circulating pumps, air handling systems and refrigeration, etc.
• Initiate safety concerns and uses trained judgement on the best methods of completing tasks.
• Responsible for short-term planning and keeping appropriate authorities aware of decisions being made.
• Organize invoices and accounts payable when required.
• Work with Housing Director as well as other managers and prepare budgets. Either yearly, quarterly or monthly. Also, work with management on projects, proposals, etc when required.
• Prepare monthly reports and send to Housing Department.
• Receive calls from Peguis Housing Call System, delegate to on-call staff and, or work with managers to delegate tasks.
• Preparation of capital plan in consultation with Housing Director and, or department managers.
• Collaborate with Inventory Department and supply planning personnel to minimize shortages and improve inventory holdings for building operation and maintenance needs.
• Provide support to Properties Manager when needed in the orientation of home maintenance for New Tenants.
• Ensure that building facilities are compliant with health and safety regulations, including local fire codes, accessibility requirements and other relevant building and maintenance legislation.
• Assess operational issues related to building operations and maintenance personnel
• Will work with Band Shop Foreman and if needed, Inventory Control Supervisor to conduct routine analysis of maintenance costs and determine areas where cost reductions can be implemented.
• Communicate and promote health and safety policies within the department, in accordance with all federal, provincial and municipal health and safety requirements.
• Develop work schedules, project schedules, assign tasks to staff and monitor progress.
• Supervise and provide advice, support, guidance, and direction to staff.
• Monitor the performance of staff on an ongoing basis, conducting annual performance reviews, disciplinary action and staff termination as required. Involve Human Resources and provide the necessary documentation, case notes and details to this department. Understand staff policies and follow protocols when it comes to administration of staff.
• Ensure staff compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
1. Maintenance Certification an asset.
2. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Supervision
3. Current CPR and Basic First Aid an asset.
4. Valid Driver’s License.
5. WHMIS training certification preferred.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Must exhibit exemplary customer service skills.
8. Current Criminal Record Check required.
9. Current Child Abuse Registry Check required.
10. Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required.
11. Be willing to take training if necessary.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Attention: Gerald McCorrister / Human Resource Manager
Peguis First Nation
P.O. Box 10
Closing Date for Submissions: OCTOBER 18, 2018
*Only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview.