Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR Assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental policy development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, executive administration, and employment.
The HR Assistant has partial responsibility for these areas:
• Recruiting and staffing
• Performance management and improvement tracking systems;
• Employee orientation, development, and training and recordkeeping;
• Assisting with employee relations;
• Band-wide board and committee facilitation and participation;
• Band employee communication;
• Compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping;
• Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting; and employee services;
• Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system;
• Assisting with the day-to-day operations of HR issues.
• Human Resource Diploma will be required.
• Excellent computer skills will be an asset.
• Knowledge of HRMS will be an asset.
The Human Resources Assistant will help with the implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff; reports to the HR Manager, and assists company managers with HR issues.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Peguis First Nation
Gerald McCorrister – Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 10
Closing Date for Submissions: JULY 20, 2018
*Only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview.