Peguis Development Corporation invites qualified applicants for the position of
(1 year Term Position)
Under the Direction of the Peguis Development Board of Directors, the Executive Assistant will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to PDC. The Executive Assistant will also serve as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO & General Manager schedule is followed and respected. Provides situations for direct access to CEO & GM
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, and others
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the CEO’s liaison to Board of Directors
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, funders
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or Business Administration diploma or CAFM
- Strong work tenure: 1-3 years of experience supporting executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, word, excel, power point, publisher), adobe acrobat and website development platforms
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience, Salary range $30,000-$37,000.
Please forward your resume by Friday, April 20, 2018 @ 3:00 pm along with two (2) references to:
Gerald mccorrister, Human Resource Manager
Peguis First Nation
Phone: (204)645-3405 Fax: (204)645-2198 Email: pegband.HR@peguisfirstnation.ca
We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.