PEGUIS FREE SPIRITS DAY CARE CENTRE
Early Childhood Educator – Level 3 – Director
Required (full time) to work Peguis Free Spirits Day Care with children ages 3 months to 6 yrs.
• Develop and deliver curriculum funded on the center’s philosophy while following the standard childcare regulations
• Create positive learning environments including resources based on child directed learning
• Develop strategies to guide positive children’s behavior
• Build good, open communication with children, families and staff
• Observe and record children’s growth, development and behavior
• Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic, and safe
• Help develop teaching goals for the center and its teachers
• Undertake administrative tasks as required
• Must be able to work between the hours of 8am to 5:30pm
• Physically supervise children at all times
• Level 3 – Early Childhood Educator Diploma from a recognized educational institution.
• Experience working in a daycare setting
• Fantastic organizational and teamwork skills
• Knowledgeable with computers
• Clear child abuse registry check
• Clear criminal record check
• Current First Aid/child CPR certificate
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and own transportation
Applicants are encouraged to bring a portfolio.
Peguis Band members will have preference
Must have knowledge of MB childcare regulations; must be flexible, able to work as a team and independently.
• Early Childhood Educator 3 classification from RCC, ACC or University.
• Honest, trustworthy and respectful in your approach with children.
• Able to maintain friendly and informative relationships with children and families.
• Able to implement programs to meet children’s social, physical, intellectual, cultural and emotional needs.
• Apply ELCC and the Y’s policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification.
• Clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Check.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to complete written documentation.
All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including
Salary is based on qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application, resume, provide 3 references and cover letter to:
Gerald McCorrister – Human Resource Manager
Or email: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: JULY 25, 2018
We thank you for your interest; however, please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.