Peguis First Nation requires an energetic, motivated and career-minded Director of Finance responsible for reporting to and partnering with the Chief & Council. The Director of Finance will play a critical role in the development and implementation of the Peguis First Nation financial strategy.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Finance will be an advisor to the Band departments, evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans and economic modeling. You will provide senior strategic advice and operational direction for all finance-related activities, including fiscal and long-term budgeting and forecasting. You will develop and implement policies, practices and procedures for control and audit, reporting, records management and procurement, aligned with business requirements and status as a Provincial operational agency. You will direct, develop and maintain a Financial Information System to support managerial decision making and reporting processes and direct treasury operations, financial investment and cash flow management. The Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the Chief & Council and the finance, audit, and investment committees of the board.
• Ensure compliance with local, I.N.A.C., provincial, Management Action Plan for finance
and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
• Excellent managerial & communications skills.
• University Degree in Finance or Accounting
• CA, CGA, MBA, HBA or Masters degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
• ( 5 or more ) years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position
• Willing to travel as needed.
• Advanced proficiency with [Level 1-3] accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications. Ex. ACCPAC
• Criminal Record Check required.
Qualified applicants should submit resumes & references to:
Peguis First Nation
c/o Gerald McCorrister – Human Resource Manager
Peguis First Nation, MB. R0C 3J0
Deadline for resumes is: FEBRUARY 19, 2018