Due to its growth, Chief Peguis Industries is seeking an experienced Site Supervisor with experience in construction to join our team in Peguis, MB. The Construction Site Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and administering project tasks. In addition, the Site Supervisor will be required to ensure the labor and equipment is scheduled appropriately and working at top efficiency to complete the project on schedule and on budget. The Construction Site Supervisor reports to the Project Manager.
• Work with project managers, engineers and clients to achieve the project scope.
• Be able to liaise with clients, project managers, regulatory authorities and stakeholder.
• Direct crews, equipment and subcontractors as required ensuring the project is completed on schedule and on budget.
• Record site observations, employee hours and health and safety statistics.
• Supervise subcontractors and approve invoices.
• Manage the procurement of materials and labor necessary to complete the project.
• Prepare schedules for crew on jobsite
• Conduct regular performance reviews
• Ensure the site facilities are in compliance with safety regulations, such as local fire codes, other laws.
• Communicate the organization’s safety policies
• Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications
• Must be strong in computer skills and project management software
• Must be willing to take COR certification
• Minimum of 4 years Supervisory experience in construction
• Experience in working in remote locations, able to travel and willing to work overtime.
• A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
• Strong leadership capabilities and able to motivate and direct work crews.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license
• Strong Safety First Attitude
• Physical ability to lift up to 100 lbs
• Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
• Safety equipment required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
• Overtime as required
• Work both indoors and outdoors
Please forward your resumes including two letters of reference from a previous employer to;
Gerald McCorrister, Director of Human Resources, at the Peguis First Nation Band Administration Office or email PegBand.HR@peguisfirstnation.ca –
DEADLINE: MAY 24, 2019