Term Position: (6 months) COMPUTER RESOURCE SUPPORT WORKER
Coordinates activities in the Community Computer Resource Lab (located in Peguis Band Office) to ensure that community members have access to and assistance in the use of computer technology. Assumes full responsibility for the operation, safety and security of the computer lab also providing assistance and planning of activities for community training and skill development. Oversees community computer resource lab operations, reporting to Program Manager of Peguis First Nation Training & Employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opens and closes the computer lab and provides for the general cleanliness, safety and security of the laboratory area.
- Works with clients individually and in groups to provide direct assistance in their access to computer technology relevant to job search or training/skill development.
- Maintains records of activities undertaken in support of the computer lab. Develops and prepares reports to track computer lab use.
- Prepares marketing material to promote the services of the community computer resource lab
- Assisting job seekers with resume development and job search resources.
- Coordinating workshops and training sessions for clients and job seekers.
- Developing a monthly activity schedule for the Community Computer Resource Lab.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and repairs and maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Must have positive and effective communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working with people of different age groups.
- Ability to handle more than one client simultaneously and provide satisfactory assistance
- Must possess database management skills and ability to work with spreadsheets
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule in a timely manner.
- Resume Development knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of Computer equipment and related software.
- Effective coordination and supervisory techniques, ability to lead others
- Ability to work independently and as a team
High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline or career counselling discipline is an asset. Relevant experience may substitute for the post-secondary education
Deadline to Apply: Friday, January 25, 2019
Please provide a cover letter and resume to Peguis First Nation Training & Employment front reception Box 609, Peguis, MB. R0C 3J0 or email: email@example.com fax to 1(204) 645-2198.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.