Peguis Development Corporation (PDC) is seeking the services of an
(Full Time- Term Position)
Peguis Development Corporation (PDC) is seeking a highly motivated Administrative Assistant to provide a broad range of administrative tasks to support the department’s goal and objectives. The duties of the incumbent will include but is not limited to: providing general administrative support, switchboard/reception, faxing, photocopying, filing, mail distribution, responding to front desk inquiries and directing traffic to the appropriate personnel including a variety of other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS;
• Experience providing administrative support with extensive knowledge in office procedures and operating office equipment.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• An ability to work independently or closely with others as the need arises.
• Exceptional telephone and service skills.
• Computer Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Relate positively with a wide variety of staffing, clients and the general public.
• Must apply professionalism at all times and must be excellent at, multi-tasking.
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
• Record and distribute any fax that comes in and refer to appropriate personnel.
• Retrieve mail, record it and distribute it to the appropriate personnel.
• Record any outgoing mail and ensure that it has the appropriate mailing label and sufficient postage and mail it personally.
• Answerer calls and direct to appropriate destination.
• Respond to public and telephone inquiries.
• Greet people and direct them to appropriate office.
• Assist public in typing and or photocopying.
• Filing, typing emailing memos.
• Type P.O’s, print and get them signed.
• Input people information on cheque requisitions and file.
• Provide front desk coverage for Employment & Training when required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary will commensurate based on qualifications and experience.
All applications and resumes will be screened by the Selections Committee and only those contacted will receive an interview.
Please forward your resumes including two letters of reference from a previous employer to;
Gerald McCorrister, Director of Human Resources, at the Peguis First Nation Band Administration Office or email PegBand.HR@peguisfirstnation.ca.
Qualified Peguis Band Members shall be given first preference in accordance with the Peguis Personnel and Administration Policy & Procedures, Section-K RECRUITMENT AND HIRING, Article 1.1 Band Membership.
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES WITH REFERENCES IS Friday March 23, 2018