The Peguis Development Corporation (PDC) is seeking the services of an
We are looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will run Sage-Accpac accounting software to process business transactions, accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, purchase orders and receipts. The successful accounting clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures.
The Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
• Provide accounting and clerical support to the finance Manager
• Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
• Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
• Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
• Daily enter key data of financial transactions in Sage -Accpac
• Provide assistance and support to company personnel
• Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
• Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
• Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
• Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
• Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
• Competency in MS Word, Excel and Sage -Accpac
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers
• Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
• Data entry and word processing skills
• Well organized
• High school degree
• Accounting degree or relevant certification is encouraged
Salary will commensurate based on qualifications and experience.
All applications and resumes will be screened by the Selections Committee and only those contacted will receive an interview.
Please forward your resumes including two letters of reference from a previous employer to; Gerald McCorrister, Director of Human Resources, at the Peguis First Nation Band Administration Office.
Should you require a complete job description please feel free to call, Gerald McCorrister @ 204-645-2359 or email PegBand.HR@peguisfirstnation.ca.
Qualified Peguis Band Members shall be given first preference in accordance with the Peguis Personnel and Administration Policy & Procedures, Section-K RECRUITMENT AND HIRING, Article 1.1 Band Membership.
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES WITH REFERENCES IS June 23, 2017