The Peguis Free Spirits Child Care Center is looking for
2 Child Care Assistants for a Full-time position, to assist the Early Childhood Educators in the 3 areas of the child care center. To provide care and education to all the children enrolled in daycare. To be a role model for all children at work and in the community.
Positions: 2 Child Care Assistants (CCA)
• 1 Preschool – School-age Area – care for children ages 3 to 6 years old.
• 1 Toddler Area – care for children ages 18 months to 3 years old. Potty training/Diaper changing involved.
Infant area – care for children ages 3 months to 18 months old. Bottle feeding/diaper changing involved.
Qualifications: Applicant must have:
• A clear Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector) included with resume.
• A clear Child Abuse Registry Check (Whose work, whether paid or unpaid, involves or may involve the care, custody, control or charge of a child) included with resume.
• A current First Aid /child CPR certificate.
• A child care assistant certificate.
• Experience working with children ages 3 months to 6 years old.
• A valid class 5 driver’s license.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• 40 hrs of introduction to child care course.
• Early Childhood Educator – Level 1 Certification
Applicant must be able to:
• Work between the hours of 8am and 5:30pm.
• Work under the direction of the floor supervisor.
• Treat children, parents, staff, and visitors with empathy, respect, and equality.
• Cooperate in the maintenance of positive relationships and maintain confidentiality in all areas of the center.
• Be willing to undergo a drug test.
• Physically supervise children at all times.
Applicants will be contacted for an interview.
All interviews will be at the Peguis Free Spirits Child Care Center (the daycare)
Applicants are encouraged to bring a portfolio.
Peguis Band members will have preference.
Provide 3 references.
Start Date: Monday, July 30, 2018
Submit resume to: Gerald McCorrister – Human Resource Manager
Peguis First Nation (drop off)
Box 10 Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0 (by mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (by email)
Deadline for submitting resumes: JULY 25TH, 2018